Environment OS:windows 2003 server, PLATFORM:.NET framework 1.1,
LANGUAGE:C#, .NET PROVIDER:MySQLDriverCS

In an application I'm developing on top of mysql, I wanna use as primary
key for tables an autoincrement field.
Every time I insert a new record I need to read the value assigned to
the PK field for that record.
Since the process of inserting a new record and reading its PK field
value is a two step process implemented by:
1) insert into tablename (columnnames) values(....)
2) select last_insert_id()
,and since because of the architecture of my application I cannot
prevent that 2 concurrent insertions won't be done and since I wanna use
a read_commited isolation level for the transaction, I'm wondering if is
there any way to determine securely the value of an insertion.

I mean.
I've 2 thread th1 and th2.

  |    Insert a new record
  |                                        Insert a new Record

  |    Read the value of PK field
  |                                        Read the value of PK field

Time    Thread 1                                        Thread 2
Axis

Is the value read by the thread 1 for the PK field correct?
Thank you
Marco Paci