I'm working with data that has not been normalized.  If it were
up to me and I had the time, I'd go in and change all the code
so that the data were normalized, but right now that's not an
option.

The data I'm working with looks like this:

table1.columnA = '1;3;4;6;8;9;12;13;14;15';

table2.columnA = '3';
table2.columnB = 'this';

I need to write a query that will do something along these lines:

SELECT * FROM table1, table2 WHERE
  table2.columnB = 'this'
AND
  table1.columnA LIKE CONCAT( '%', table2.columnA, '%' );

The above query obviously does not work.  But I hope you get the
idea of what I am trying to do.  I won't have the value of '3' to specify
in the WHERE part of the query as that value is going to be a result
of the set.  But using that value, I need to get the records from table1
where the columnA value of table2 is part of the columnA value of
table1.

thnx,
Chris