Hi all,

I decided I needed another index in an InnoDB table that has about
25 million rows (each 80 bytes long).  As I've done dozens of times
with MyISAM tables, I did a simple "alter table":
        alter table WMH_CHK_a add key JoinTrans (TransID)

This has been running for 14 hours and I have no idea how much
longer it's going to take, but it's getting darned frustrating
as it's preventing lots of other work.

This is not a complicated table and it is running on a 4-CPU Sun
server with a high-speed disk setup.  The server has 4GB memory
and I've got all of the InnoDB parameters set up at a moderate
level (such as a 1GB buffer_pool_size), etc.  It is otherwise not
very busy on other activity, so it should have most of the system's
resources available to it.

Any ideas what is taking this so long?  This would not have
taken more than a couple hours with a similar MyISAM table on
the same server (based on prior experience).

Thanks -keith