Openna.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 11:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Redhat Alternatives for MySQL

Hello,

For some time we've been running MySQL (from 4.0.1 to 4.0.17)  on Redhat
(v. 7.2 & 9.0). We use our linux server for one thing: MySQL server.

We are far from linux experts, so Redhat made sense, particularly the
ease of installation and the bugfixes via up2date. Now that Redhat is
ending support, we need an alternative that doesn't cost $349+ per year.
We never need formal tech support; we only need access to reliable
security bugfixes/updates.

Fedora seems out of the question because of the frequent upgrade cycles.

Can anyone recommend a linux vendor that 1) offers an easy bugfix/update
system and 2) is affordable for a small business with limited linux
expertise. We want a reliable solution for our MySQL server(s) as we
grow.

I realize this request may be a little off-topic, but since the health,
security and future of our database server is in question, we felt we
needed input from other MySQL users.

Thanks!