Mikel,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mikel -" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: Too slow recovering mysqldump files

> I'll set up those parameters in my.cnf and try again the recovery from the
> dump file. I'll hope these changes make faster the recovery.

Dr. Ullrich suggested that you should set

innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0

during the big import, or wrap the big import inside a transaction.
Otherwise, the speed may be restricted to 1 row / disk rotation = 100
rows/second.

> Thanks again Heikki,
>
> Mikel
>
> P.S. Do you recommend the innodb hot backup tool, does it do faster than
the
> other options, or is a combination of both?

InnoDB Hot Backup takes a BINARY backups of your database. If you need to
restore from a backup taken with InnoDB Hot Backup, you do not need to
import table dumps. Thus restoration is much faster than if you use table
dumps as a backup (table dump = LOGICAL backup).

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/