In theory it is fastest to add indexes first, then disable it (ALTER
TABLE x DISABLE KEYS), then add data and, on the end, re-enable keys
(ALTER TABLE x DISABLE KEYS).
mirza

Keith Thompson wrote:
Hello all,

I need to load a new InnoDB table with about 80 million rows.
With MyISAM I have often found that it is faster to create
the table without indexes, add all the data, then add the
indexes.  Is this true with InnoDB as well, or should I put
my indexes in before loading?

Similarly, I have another large table that is currently MyISAM
that I'd like to move to InnoDB.  What would be the fastest
steps towards accomplishing this (as far as indexes, etc.)?

Thanks -keith