Massimo Petrini wrote:

We have  a server running NT4 with mysql 4.017 (with the my.ini as in
previuous mail). In the network the client (the single pc ) run msaccess
application linked to mysql database. In such case we use a temporary table,
created as follow

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE wrk_AlzateIntervalli(Lotto CHAR(10) NOT NULL,Indice
CHAR(3) NOT NULL,NMisura SMALLINT NOT NULL,IndiceIntv CHAR(1) NOT
NULL,ValMin REAL NULL,ValMax REAL NULL, PRIMARY KEY (Lotto, Indice, NMisura,
IndiceIntv));

The statement sql is lunched from the client to the server; it create a
temporary table used only from the client creator.
Is clear for you ?
Thanks

I would be very surprised if this wasn't Access dropping the connection.
If you need to have the data 'available' for longer than a few seconds, copy the data from the MySQL temporary table into an Access table - assuming you have the mdb file stored on each individuals' computer. If you don't have the mdb on each users' computers, then you have a problem ... maybe you can do something like use a normal table, and make a name based on 'some unique value'; a user id, a connection id, or something like that.
Also, if you're using Access with MySQL, be sure to check out the patch at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e268b39-533e-48b0-b8d7-1781befde1f8&DisplayLang=en
which fixes Access ( under Windows 2000 ) crashing when connected to MySQL and left inactive for a minute or so. Maybe this patch will also fix the above behaviour too, but probably not.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer