Hello,

 Does the packet limitation of 16MB still exist for the client/server
protocol in MySQL?

I am trying to upload files greater than 16MB from a php/apache interface,
with no success. Files < 15MB are saved just fine into the database. The
datatype on the field is longblob. From the mysql cli I can load files
into the database that are greater than 16MB with no problem. I am running
MySQL on a redhat 7.3 box with the following MySQL rpms installed:
MySQL-server-4.0.17-0
MySQL-client-4.0.17-0
MySQL-Max-4.0.17-0.
I am running apache 1.3.29 and php 4.3.2 installed.
The server has 128MB of RAM

MySQL is starting from /etc/init.d/mysql with the following in the startup
script:
$bindir/mysqld_safe --datadir=$datadir --pid-file=$pid_file
--max_allowed_packet=64M -O key_buffer=192M -O table_cache=128
--log_bin=peerreview-binary-update-log --max_binlog_size=256M &

When running: `mysqladmin VARIABLES -h hostname -p|grep allowed`
I get:
max_allowed_packet               67107840

The maximum post size in my php.ini file is: 32MB
The maximum uploadable file size is: 32MB

According to http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Packet_too_large.html
this limit should be raised beyond 16MB with MySQL 4.01+.

At the very least I should be able to save a file of size 32MB from the
php interface, but I cannot.
What else would be causing this limitation?

Cheers,
Aaron