Isn't it great when you've got this pretty picture in your head about what
you want SQL to do for you, but aren't sure how to write it down?

I've got 3 tables, they are:

server  -  a table that tracks all of our servers, including os, where they
are, access details, etc
update_track - a table that tracks updates that need to be applied to
servers.
server_update - a table that tracks what updates have been applied to what
servers.

An update_track entry contains a update_id, the primary key, a description,
the afflicted OS, and the bugtraq ID associated with the update.  So there's
multiple entries for each bugtraq id for the OS's we support.

The server_update table contains update_id, server_id, and a datestamp for
when the update was applied.

What I want to do is be able to list all servers that do not have all
updates applied, based on OS.  So we have to take each update_id, compare
the update OS against a server entry OS, and decide if it matches, then
check the server_update table to see if the update is applied already.  I
imagine that it would be sorted by server_id, then update_id.

Has anyone done anything similar before, and can help me out?

TIA
Brandon Ewing