Hi,

I have a 4.0.7 mysql server which services requests from several virtual
web sites. Most of the times all works well but periodically the mysql
server suddently gets loaded to impossibly high values - load average up
to several hundred. During such periods the server sleeps and is not
responding. I suspect that the cause of this can be in a spontaneous very
high rate of new connections when many new threads are being created and
running, and it is too much for the server. The question is if there is
some mechanism in mysql which can control the rate in which the new
threads are created, something similar to MAX_SPAWN_RATE option in apache
web server daemon, or something of the sort?

Server mysql 4.0.7 with linux threads runs under FreeBSD 4.6.2.

Thanks

----
Alexander Varshavchick, Metrocom Joint Stock Company
Phone: (812)118-3322, 118-3115(fax)