When I try to upgrade from v4 to v4.1, I get the following dependencies
problems:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] trevor]# rpm -Uvh MySQL-shared-4.1.1-0.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        libcrypto.so.0.9.6 is needed by MySQL-shared-4.1.1-0
        libssl.so.0.9.6 is needed by MySQL-shared-4.1.1-0

(for example). I downloaded an RPM for libcrypto.so.0.9.6... and tried to
install it but got a list of 50 or so installed packages that require
something that it is trying to replace.

What do I do? I can't imagine there are new packages for every one of those 50
or so items that I can download and replace *with* the libcrypto.so.0.9.6...
package. And even if there were, the time it would take!

I'm new to this linux stuff and not sure how to proceed. Is this a case where
I just can NOT upgrade? Will choosing to use MySQL v4.1 cause me to be unable
to use any of these other 50 or so applications (including KDE base,
fetchmail, sendmail, vorbis tools, etc.) that won't let me upgrade the
libcrypto.so.0.9.6... package?

BTW, I'm trying to upgrade specifically just to use the str_to_date() function
of 4.1. It's a single user system and there should be no problem with any
existing MySQL apps since I do very little to tax the server.

--
 Trevor Smith    |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]