Hi all,

Does anyone on the list have experience storing their tables and associated bits and pieces on raw partitions? The reason I ask is two fold:

1. Did you notice much in the way of performance difference (which OS you're using is probably very relevant here).
2. Have you had to deal with hard discs developing bad sectors and, if so, did using raw partitions make anything more difficult?

Most of my clients don't have RAID setups in place, so the answer to the second question is something I'd need to consider. All comments,
thoughts and experiences invited and welcome!

Regards,

Chris