I have a snippet of code below. I'm trying to use teh bind_param option to select
multiple rows using a foreach loop. after doign some reading I realized this is
supprted through DBD  are there any special measures that I need to take to make
bind_param work.

## select rows in table based on search strings - only works with or
    foreach $search(@search_pat){
    my $sth = $dbh->prepare ("SELECT str_no_addr, str_name_addr, cit_addr
                          FROM s3a_inglewood_project_info
                          WHERE * LIKE ?;") or err_trap("failed to prepare
statement\n");
    $sth->bind_param(1,$search);

    ## exicute and fetch selected rows
    $sth->execute or
        err_trap("failed to execute statement\n");
    }
    my $array_ref = $sth->fetchall_arrayref();