Hi all,

I have the  following settings in *my.ini* (obtined from WinMySQLadmin)

#This File was made using the WinMySQLAdmin 1.4 Tool
#12/11/2003 10:50:28 AM

#Uncomment or Add only the keys that you know how works.
#Read the MySQL Manual for instructions

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/Program Files/mysql
#bind-address=192.168.2.5
datadir=C:/Program Files/mysql/data
language=C:/Program Files/mysql/share/english
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
port=3306
set-variable=key_buffer=16M

[client]
host=127.0.0.1
port=3306
#socket=MySQL

[WinMySQLadmin]
Server=C:/Program Files/mysql/bin/mysqld.exe
user=nura
password=*******
QueryInterval=10

WIth this settings I'm trying to establish connection to MySQL from COBOL. In COBOL I
have the
option to call C function as external subroutines. So I have coded in COBOL to invoke
the C API
provided from MySQL.

I have just coded for mysql_init() and mysql_real_connect(). after the execution of
mysql_real_connect(), i met the error message as;
        *Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)*

I have searched in various discussion forums, the points obtained never able to solve
my problem.

I have tested with mysqladmin as;

C:\>mysqladmin -h localhost --port=3306 version
mysqladmin  Ver 8.40 Distrib 4.0.17, for Win95/Win98 on i32
Copyright (C) 2000 MySQL AB & MySQL Finland AB & TCX

DataKonsult AB
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license

Server version          4.0.17-max-debug
Protocol version        10
Connection              localhost via TCP/IP
TCP port                3306
Uptime:                 25 min 39 sec

Threads: 2  Questions: 165  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 7  Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 1
Queries per
second avg: 0.107  Memory in use: 16597K  Max memory used: 16627K

Is anyone suggest me to come out from this trouble...

thanks in advance...

Regards,
Arun.