I've upgraded a MySQL 4.0.14 server to 4.1.1-alpha version because I
wanted to experiment with the support for subqueries.  Not being an expert
on SQL at this point, I tried a couple of simple subqueries and got the
following error message:

        ERROR 1235: This version of MySQL doesn't yet support 'LIMIT &
IN/ALL/ANY/SOME subquery'

That doesn't seem to fit with what I've read in the MySQL 4.1.1
documentation.  I also tried some queries using a sample database from a
MySQL book (which presumably reduces the possibility that I made some
mindless error with my queries) and got the same response.  When I issue a
SELECT version(); SQL command, I get 4.1.1-alpha-standard as I would
expect.

Could something have gone wrong with the upgrade or am I missing something
obvious about the subquery support in 4.1.1?

Thanks for any pointers you can provide.

Michael

Michael Greis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: (781) 449-8017