From: Adel Ardalan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> When I select a rather large table to be shown, the rows are
> going very fast and I can't see the rows at the beginning.
> Also, I can't scroll up. How can I view the results page by
> page?

I can only assume you're talking about the native mysql client. In that case, there
are a few suggestions to help you.

If possible, first weed out rows you don't need with a WHERE clause.

If there's still too much data, add a `LIMIT <offset>,<count>` clause to the end of
the query.

SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 0,30;
SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 30,30;
SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 60,30;

etc

Or, if possible, increase the scrollback buffer for your shell client (if you're
shelled in, that is, and not on the server directly).

As it stands, though, the native mysql client really isn't meant to be used to view
such large amounts of data. Are you using any sort of frontend with this database?
PHP, Perl, Java, etc?

--
Mike Johnson
Web Developer