I have built a web site and I am testing it locally on my PC. Testing through Internet Explorer is awfully slow and most of the time I am getting error 'ASP 0113' script timed out. The table I am calling records from is quite text heavy (a few hundred to a 1,000+ words per field in some places).

I have built a search facility too and in doing so I have added indexes to the table to try to make the search results appear quicker.

I have tried selects within the MySQL command window and they are much quicker. For example I have selected all from the table in question and it returned every record (2,000 of them) in 8.9 seconds. Selecting specific records takes fractions of a second. The web pages are taking minutes before timing out.

My system is 1ghz processor, 650ram, Windows ME running Personal Web Server and MySQL 4.0.15.

Any advice on how I might be able to improve performance with what I have would be appreciated.

TIA

Mat