From: Ken Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 31 January 2004 15:56
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Passwords and ODBC - what am I missing

Just installed 4.1.1 on windows 2000 with current odbc layer

Connects fine with root and no password

But if I set a password on root or create a user with a password odbc fails
with

"Client does not support authentication protocol requested by the server -
consider upgrading MYSql Client"

So what have I done wrong?

Ken