Lawrence,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Heikki Tuuri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: Shrinking innodb datafiles?

> Heikki,
>
> thanks for the reply, will note.
>
> Just to confirm if I understand the situation
> correctly: innodb datafiles cannot be reduced in size
> to reclaim spaced freed by deleted data?

you are right.

> (That'd
> probably explain why I had a hard time finding ISPs
> offering innodb-enabled MySQL).

That might be a factor, though I guess the demand for transactions is rather
small in ISP-hosted databases.

> Lawrence Smith

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/