Hi,

> But when runing multiple myisam & enable-external-locking database
> servers with the same NFS datadir, will there be any deadlock problems?

I have no experience in this but it sounds like it may cause problems.

> I wonder if it is possible to use NFS as the storage backend and
> to provide data consistency needed by database, so that we can
> increase the number of database servers easily.

If you plan to use a single disk array back-end and multiple mysql servers
connecting to it via NFS and gradually increase the numbers of DB servers,
then this will only be scalable if your DB system is cpu or ram bound.  If
it's diskbound then you won't achieve scalability this way.

Cheers,

Andrew