Hello,

I'm getting problems with the procedure below (6.4 How to Set Up
Replication):

It works fine until I shutdown the MySQL server. When I run the shutdown
command, some of the pending (because of the LOCK) update queries are
executed.

Am I missing something ?

"Without the Hot Backup tool, the quickest way to take a snapshot of
InnoDB tables is to shut down the master server and copy the InnoDB
datafiles and logs, and the table definition files (.frm). To record the
current log file name and offset, you should do the following before you
shut down the server:
mysql> FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK;
mysql> SHOW MASTER STATUS;
And then record the log name and the offset from the output of SHOW
MASTER STATUS as was shown earlier. Once you have recorded the log name
and the offset, shut down the server without unlocking the tables to
make sure it goes down with the snapshot corresponding to the current
log file and offset:
shell> mysqladmin -uroot shutdown"

Regards.

Geoffrey