Hello Riaan,

RO> Is there a limit on the number of rows that can be
RO> inserted in this way? Ie, at what point should I start
RO> worrying about "out of memory" errors or something
RO> similar?

RO> So, how many rows can/should be returned by the SELECT clause?

I had a similar case.
Difference is that I tried to read result in the array and then to
work from it.
Hoever ... I think that the problem is in your RAM and OS.
In my case I can read in memory succes up to 3 mil records.
When I tried more I received Out Of Memory, too.
I looked at windos swap file and it was more than 2GB
Hoever, in my case I found desicion to read and insert data record by
record. Slowly, but success.

--
Best regards,
Krasimir_Slaveykov, 03 Февруари 2004 г., 15:49:27