From: David Griffiths [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 February 2004 23:42
To: Ken Brown; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MySql and Oracle Forms 6i

Someone posted an answer:

"Oh wow... I can't think of how you'd get that to work without a ton of
custom. For starters, you'll have to write your own transactional triggers
and intercept every one of Oracle's select, lock, update, insert, delete,
like On-Lock, On-Insert, etc. since Forms will want things like rowids.
You'll also have to write your own on-Login.

Mike"

Oracle and MySQL differ in date handling, functions, triggers/stored
prodedures (or lack of), outer-join syntax, and a hundred other ways that
would make Forms incompatible with MySQL. Not to mention the fact that Forms
probably uses SQL*Net and a TNSNames.ora entry.

David.