On Wednesday 04 February 2004 05:44, Scott Haneda wrote:
> I need to to the following
> Select serial from serials;
>
> Problem is I need to run this from a script which cron will call once a
> day, how do you pass a select statement to mysql with user and pass so it
> can all happen in one go?

mysql -?

-u, --user=name     User for login if not current user.
-p, --password[=name]
                      Password to use when connecting to server. If password
is
                      not given it's asked from the tty.

-e, --execute=name  Execute command and quit. (Output like with --batch).

You can also feed a command from a text file using <.