From: rmck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Feb 4, 2004 7:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: index question

I ran an insert..select from one table to the other ( changed some column types to int
from varchar on new table).
the insert went fine.

mysql> INSERT INTO Feb04_int SELECT *  from Feb04;

Query OK, 56179085 rows affected (3 hours 15 min 52.89 sec)
Records: 56179085  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

but I notice now when I run show index it looks like it is not correct:

before:

mysql> SHOW INDEX FROM Feb04;

+-------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| Table | Non_unique | Key_name | Seq_in_index | Column_name | Collation | Cardinality
| Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment |
+-------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| Feb04 |          0 | PRIMARY  |            1 | ID          | A         |    56179085
|     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| Feb04 |          1 | AllIndex |            1 | laddr       | A         |      125680
|       12 | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      |         |
| Feb04 |          1 | AllIndex |            2 | rport       | A         |    11235817
|     NULL | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      |         |
| Feb04 |          1 | AllIndex |            3 | raddr       | A         |    14044771
|       12 | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      |         |
+-------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

now:

mysql> SHOW INDEX FROM Feb04;

+-------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| Table | Non_unique | Key_name | Seq_in_index | Column_name | Collation | Cardinality
| Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment |
+-------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| Feb04 |          0 | PRIMARY  |            1 | ID          | A         |    56179085
|     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| Feb04 |          1 | AllIndex |            1 | laddr       | A         |        NULL
|       12 | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      |         |
| Feb04 |          1 | AllIndex |            2 | rport       | A         |        NULL
|     NULL | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      |         |
| Feb04 |          1 | AllIndex |            3 | raddr       | A         |        NULL
|       12 | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      |         |
4 rows in set (0.02 sec)

Are my indexes all gone?? If so how do I recover them!!!!! Thanks

Rob