From: Miguel Angel Solorzano [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 11:14 AM
To: Ananth Raghuraman; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Debugging MySql Source in Visual C++

At 01:31 5/2/2004, Ananth Raghuraman wrote:
Hi,
>Hi all,
>
>I am not part of the official MySql team. I am just a lone developer.
>I tried debugging MySql source (server) in Visual C++, but it doesn't
>seem to work. I followed the instructions in the MySql manual and
>added a few breakpoints at a few random places, but the debugger
>never stopped there. I would really appreciate if anyone can help..

Most probably the cause for why the debugger doesn't stop in the
breakpoint you had configured is because at the start of the server
these lines of code aren't called.

You need to compile the version debug, press F7 for to compile
the whole stuff, then change the path where the server will be
linked for the same path you have already the mysql stuff
e.g.: c:\mysql this will write the current server.
Add as parameters start --console --standalone in the debug
tab, then open the file mysqld.cpp, search for the function
int main and in the first line create a break point, start
the debugger with F5 and using the F11 key do the debug of
the rest of the code. The debugger will stop in the point where
the server waits for connection.

Regards,

For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/
Are you MySQL certified?, http://www.mysql.com/certification/

Miguel Angel Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
São Paulo - Brazil