Arunachalam wrote:

Hi all,

Is any one met with the error while connecting to MySQL Server

*Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)*

OK, you tried to log into mysql as [EMAIL PROTECTED], using a password.

if so pleass let me know the remedy to resolve this error.

I don't have the user named ODBC in my mysql Database.

Well, there's your problem. You can't log in as [EMAIL PROTECTED] if that user doesn't exist. You need to either create that user in mysql, or change your connect to use a user who is already in mysql.

my configuration is:
      Windows 2000 SP 4.
      MySQL Server 4.0.17-max-debug for windows

The situation I have met this error is when I try to Connect MySQL from COBOL using the C API provided by MySQL. I have properly link
the *libmysql.lib* file into my COBOL compiler.

Any suggestion are highly appreciated...

Thanks.

regards,
Arun.