De: Vinay
Fecha: 06/02/04 08:32:04
Asunto: Problem deleteing records

I have a problem with a table that is too big it contains around
35,000,000 lines and each end of month i have to take out about
20,000,000 lines from it

so my delete command is :

delete from table  where column_value<******
on a column that is indexed.

But each time i do that i have mysql that have "too many connection
problem" and i have to kill and restart mysql in the middle of the
process.

I finish up with a huge table that i must repaire and that takes time
and sometime it does not even work.

i have  " max connections=1000  " and even this does not seem to be
enough.

Does anyone has a better way so that i can delete my records without
damaging my table and having to restart mysql..

V!nay