I am using Mandrake 9.1 and MySQL 4.0.11 from the LM CD's.

In my application, I have a table that stores the sequential numbers of
invoices prepared by several stores. Every time a salesman prepares an
invoice for a customer, the system goes to this table, locks it with lock
tables <table> write, reads the number of the last invoice made for that
store, adds one to that number, updates the field, and unlocks the table. In
theory, I should never get a duplicate invoice, but in practice, I do. So, it
seems that MySQL maintains, under some special circumstances, the same number
and does not update it. Maybe there is a parameter in my.cnf I could change
to make sure all updates are processed inmediately?

Auto increment field would not apply in this case, since there is only one
record per store that gets updated for every invoice. I would appreciate any
advise. Thank you.

--
Alfredo J. Cole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]