At 05:38 PM 2/6/2004, you wrote:
>In MySql is it possible to repeat through a month, for example I would like

>Select count(user) from table where date = x

>However, I want x to be a range from the first of the month to the last day
>in the month, I of course would need to pass in a month and year value to
>limit it to that month and year.

>Basically, I am trying to provide a month at a glance report of total posts
>by various users to a table.

Looking for ... WHERE MONTH( date ) = x (x=1, 2, ... 12)?

PB

You can try:

Select count(user) from table where date >= '2004-02-01' and date < '2004-03-01'

This is the fastest if date is an indexed column and because the last comparison operator is "<" and not "<=" you don't need to worry about the # of days in the month. Clever, eh?<g>

If you want to summarize everyone by month you can also do a "group by" as in:

select Cust, count(Cust) as Count, Year(date) as Year, Month(date) as Month from table group by Cust, Year, Month

Mike