I am trying to get MySQL to automatically create a date seven days from the date a new record is created. The new records will be inserted through an ASP, VBScript website. I have managed to get this to work in MS Access by typing in to its default field in the database Now()+7. As you would expect, it gives me a date 7 days from now.

I have tried the same with MySQL and it keeps throwing the default I type out and replacing it with 0000-00-00 00:00:00

Is it because MySQL doesn't store procedures or something? How do I get this to work?

Thanks

Mat