Perhaps he really intended to revoke all privs, but he had a syntax error. In that case, to revoke all rights for the mysql db from a particular user ([EMAIL PROTECTED] for example), you would issue

REVOKE ALL ON mysql.* FROM [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Daniel was missing the '.*' after mysql, which causes mysql to treat the 'mysql' as a table name rather than as a db. Hence the error message. See <http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/GRANT.html> for the details.

Bernard Clement wrote:

Hello Daniel,

Try with: revoke show databases on mysql.* from [EMAIL PROTECTED];

If the user [EMAIL PROTECTED] issue "show databases" il will not see anymore the databases "mysql".

The revoke you were trying was not only on showing the database mysql but revoke all the privilege, is is really what you want to do?

BTW, nex time also supply the error text.

Regards,

Bernard