Just for good measure...
...if you were wondering, Linux [okay, okay, yeah, the version with the option
compiled in, but still...] does read fat/vfat/fat32/ntfs partitions. So, if you have
the opportunity to dual boot and transfer your database to the new filesystem by
copying, that then works out well.

If instead you have to transfer it to a new computer, be aware that when you burn
files to a CD under windows and copy them off to a linux [ext2/3] partition, ownership
data is set  - which means users who aren't you may sometimes have issues accessing
your data. Also note that when you burn a CD, your software *may* set the read-only
bit on all the files it burns, throwing another wrench into things. As a third note...
no, actually, I think I'm I'm done :D

Sean Flynn

Remko Lodder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
mysqldump is for dumping the file.
you can load it with specifing FILE

Read the manuals for more information,

Also, try to search on the website www.mysql.com a little more before asking
things here.
I got the feeling that when you feel a itch, you ask what it is, that is not
bad,
but i would love to see some pre-search things from you like:

I Searched on the website but found nothing with this query, then i tried x,
but that
also did not work, so i thought i ask it to the ML.

Please try it :)

Thanks,

--

Kind regards,