I have checked these...but I don't know what to set them too. Can I get more
input? Should I only run 1 index at a time? I have 2 machines (both quad
Xeon)..one is running a singel indexing job, the other is running 6 jobs. It
looks like they will end up completing in the same amount of total time
(i.e. If I create them 1 by one on the first computer it will take just as
long as creating them concurrently on the second computer).

Can I tell MySQL to use more CPU or I/O bandwidth to my disks?

myisam_max_sort_file_size
 - what should it be set to.
 - what does it mean?
 - Does this relate to any paths that I set with my config?
 - Does this represent a temporary file created on my system?

myisam_max_extra_sort_file_size
 - what should it be set to.
 - what does it mean?
 - Does this relate to any paths that I set with my config?
 - Does this represent a temporary file created on my system?

myisam_sort_buffer
 - I have 8GB of RAM, what should I set this to?
 - my machine is dedicated to MySQL

Thanks.

Chris.