Here is the create statement and the resulting table:

mysql> create table test(
-> myblob longblob) default charset latin1 default collate latin1_general_cs;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.08 sec)

mysql> show create table test \G
      Table: test
Create Table: CREATE TABLE `test` (
 `myblob` longtext character set latin1 collate latin1_general_cs
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks.

Victoria Reznichenko wrote:

Matt Mastrangelo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm using mySQL 4.1.1a-alpha on XP Professional. When I execute a create table script containing a COLLATE clause, all LONGBLOB fields are silently changed to LONGTEXT in the resulting table. This behavior does not occur on version 4.1.0-alpha.

Is this field type change intentional? It can be circumvented by setting a default collation at the database level, in the CREATE DATABASE statement.

Could you provide CREATE TABLE statement? I wasn't able to repeat it:

mysql> create table test(
   -> myblob longblob) collate latin1_german2_ci;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.08 sec)

mysql> show create table test\G
      Table: test
Create Table: CREATE TABLE `test` (
 `myblob` longblob
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_german2_ci
1 row in set (0.00 sec)