Hi.

I've noticed that when a server running MySQL crashes and comes back to
life, the MyISAM tables typically need to be repaired to account for the
fact that they were not flushed when the server went down.

However, I've also noticed that when the database is recovered from a crash,
the tables can be inconsistent with regards to the temporal relationship of
the most recent updates performed on them. For example, it's possible that
after a crash, UPDATE A, UPDATE B, and UPDATE C (which were performed
sequentially before the crash) will not all be present in the repaired
table. It may be that only updates B and C were stored to disk before the
server went down. UPDATE A, which happened before the other updates, may
nonetheless be missing.

Is this the true behavior or does it just appear to work this way? And if
so, is there any way to force MySQL to automatically save data to disk in a
way that is chronologically correct? This would make it much easier for me
to recover from an unexpected crash.

Thanks.