This is on my development machine using Lasso 6.0.4, MacOS 10.2, MySQL
4.0.12-standard.

Using Lasso:
On one database I can add and update records.
On another I can add, but updating sets all the specified fields to NULL in
the target record (the key and non-referenced fields stay OK), even though
they are set to NOT NULL.

Updating works fine using Terminal, CocoaMySQL, and PHP.

So, firstly, does anyone know what might be going on? I've checked every
setting I can find in Lasso and MySQL without finding any differences
between the two databases, but should I be looking for something in
particular?

Secondly, in order to find out what MySQL is receiving from Lasso someone
(on the LassoTalk list) suggested using an update log.

Using Terminal, I stopped MySQL with mysqladmin shutdown, and then restarted
it with ./bin/mysqld_safe --log-update=roddie

I get a message about a daemon being started, but then Terminal hangs (10
mins) and if I use Ctrl Z is says "Suspended". Eventually I can quit
Terminal and MySQL seems to be running unaffected. I can open the
"roddie.001" log file in Pico but it is empty.

What should I be doing to get the update log working?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Roddie Grant
[EMAIL PROTECTED]