Hi all,

I'm currently designing an open-source messaging server that will use
MySQL as the data store (in embedded form).

High performance is one of the goals of this project, so I have been
examining possible I/O models and seem to have settled on a model where
each thread services many requests using non-blocking I/O and keeping
track of how much of the request has been satisfied.

Given this model, each thread is obviously going to want to have
multiple transactions outstanding. Is this something that might be added
to MySQL in future or am I totally overestimating the expense of using
one thread per connection?

Regards,

Chris