Hi everyone,

I am trying to write an application on the Macintosh to use a mysql database. I tried posting this to the xcode reflector, but didn't get a response. I'm hoping that someone here is familiar with xcode and can help me solve my problem:

"Preface: I am fairly new to writing code and even newer to Xcode. I am trying to write an application to use MySQL.

I finally figured out how to properly add a static library (libmysqlclient.a) to my project (thanks to Markus Hitter), but I get over 13,000 errors when I build. It's as if Xcode is trying to compile the library like it was source code. I haven't added any source code to my project yet, just an #include "..." in 'main.m'. I just wanted to see if I can get the library to link before I start.

I tried selecting 'libmysqlclient.a' , then choosing the info button and picking different types such as "compiled" and "archive", but I still get errors. Anybody have any suggestions?"

Thanks.

Marty Ray