Hi,
After setting up a slave mysql server ( 4.0.17 ) on an SMP linux box (
kernel 2.4.18 SMP ). I noticed that one of my large tables ( 300MB )
started to corrupt regularly ( every day or two day max ). I discover
its corruption after getting the error "Got error 127 from table
handler". Repairing table leads to loosing some records , and only helps
for aother day or two then again I get same error and again table needs
repair.
I thought the problem might be in the linux kernel, so I upgraded to the
latest kernel ( 2.4.24 SMP )  but this didn't help and the problem
happened again. Then I found that mysql-4.0.18is released so I upgraded
mysql but next day I found the same problem happening again :-(
I am using binaries from mysql.com and debian 3.0r3 with reiserfs. The
master server is 4.0.12 on freebsd/linuxthread.
Harware used:
Dual Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
2GB RAM
3ware Serial ATA RAID controller