Chris Nolan wrote:
Hi!

You'll want to look through the MySQL C API docs. There are specific calls for allocating certain structures that MySQL client software should use (and routines for deallocating it as well).

Regards,

Chris

Sp.Raja wrote:

Hi List,

I want to use some other memory allocator routine other than malloc in MySQL/InnoDB 4.0.15a.
Does MySQL call malloc directly? or thru wrappers? If it is through wrappers then my job will be much simpler, If so please give me the list of wrappers.

You can force MySQL client to allocate using your own routines if you get the client source,replace my_malloc() and my_free() (see mysys/my_alloc.c), and link your code against your modified version. In fact, you could even do it for the server.

-- Sasha Pachev Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/