I am interested to help, you can email me the call graph or source.
I nearly have nothing much to do ( no client, teching guiter now!!! ha ha). I am using the C API 100% flawlessly in my http://www.DhakaStockExchangeGame.com/
Still using it !!!!

--

Aftab Jahan Subedar
CEO/Software Engineer
Stefan Hinz wrote:

Klaus,

we are porting an application from ORACLE to MySQL.
The application does lot of queries and has and times out a query, if no result is back
after 10 seconds.
It handles queries parrallel and rasies or lowers the amount of connection variable
(the programm is a server itself).
After a while, there is very big load on the MySQL-server (up to 90) and 'show
processlist' shows very
many connections with queries that are in 'sending data'-state. But after they are
timed out,
this results will never be fetched, but the threads for them are kept a very long time.
With lot of queries, it even happens, that a connection to the mysql-server is blocked.
i think it would be the best to get rid of hte pending results on the server, that are
not
fetched after let's say 20 seconds.
Which variable do i need to set to achieve this (if possible).
The program uses the C-API. The serve is 4.017 with MyISAM-Tables on SUSE-LINUX SLES
8.0,
Ext3-filesystem, a 3Ghz xeleron, 1.5G MEM.
Please help me, after i convienced my boss to use MySQL for this duty (which took
about 18 month),
this might be very dangerous for my carreer.

Would it be possible to call mysql_free_result() from your
application? You might be able to set a "timer" in your app, calling
that function after, for example, 20 seconds.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/mysql_free_result.html

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>