I try to grand some rights by using GRAND but for some unclear reason to me I
can't get it to work.

Here is what I type

mysql -u root -p
Enter password: ******
Your MySQL connection id is 126 to server version: 4.0.18-max
mysql> GRAND ALL ON *.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED];
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresp
onds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'GRAND ALL ON
 *.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED]' at line 1
mysql>

I don't see what's wrong with it. I'm doing this with the root account which
should have all the right privileges. I've checked the syntax with the manual.
And still I don't see what is wrong. By now I have no idea where to look for.

By the way, if I do this stuff with INSERT INTO...; FLUSH...; it works fine
except that it is a lot of typing.

Kind regards,

André Steenveld.