Hi Rhino

> If your table name is bar and it is in a database named foo, the following
> commands will show you the columns in that table:
>
> describe foo.bar;
>
> -OR-
>
> show columns from foo.bar;
>
> If you try either command on a table that does not exist, you get an error
> message. Therefore, the query only returns the fields if the table exists.
>
> Is that what you wanted? That's how I understood your question....
yes, this is what i want, now to get the name of  fields and i should use
MYSQL_FIELD  with the result returned  from the  query like
MYSQL_RES * res;
MYSQL_FIELD *field;
mysql_query(my," show columns from foo.bar");
res = mysql_use_result(my);
for (i:= 0; i<=mysql_num_rows(res); i++)
{
field=mysql_fetch_field_direct(res,i);
 do ant thing with field

Right