Hi!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sasha Pachev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 12:58 AM
Subject: Re: MySQL version 4.1.x

> lee wrote:
> > Anyone know when 4.1.x is scheduled for going "Production?" The website
says
> > it's currently in Alpha. We'd like to upgrade past 4.0.18 if possible,
> > have the improved subqueries, etc. in 4.1.x.
>
> I would guess 4.1.1 is roughly as good on the old features as the latest
4.0.
> However, I would stay away from subqueries for at least another six months
> except for a few that you really benefit from and have tested to make sure
they
> work right and fast.

A couple of months back my guess was that 4.1 would be labeled 'Production'
in September 2004, or even a bit earlier. I would still give the same guess.

> --
> Sasha Pachev
> Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/