Hi All,

Iīm trying to do some customization in a MySQL-Server-4.0.17
to gain a better performance.

We have a Intel P4-2.4 Ghz with 1 Gb RAM and 40 Gb HD
on a FreeBSD-5.2.1 box dedicated for MySQL.

My trouble is when I create the my.cnf file and start MySQL.
MySQL donīt stat.

the /usr/local/mysql/aguia.err file shows:
---------------------
040219 16:34:46  mysqld started
mysqld in malloc(): error: allocation failed
mysqld got signal 6;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=134217728
read_buffer_size=1044480
max_used_connections=0
max_connections=100
threads_connected=0
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections =
335471 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

mysqld in free(): error: recursive call
Fatal signal 6 while backtracing
040219 16:34:46  mysqld ended
---------------------

My my.cnf file is:
---------------------
[client]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock

[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
skip-locking
key_buffer = 128M
max_allowed_packet = 1M
table_cache = 512
sort_buffer_size = 1M
read_buffer_size = 1M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
thread_cache = 8
query_cache_size = 32M
thread_concurrency = 8

log-bin

server-id       = 1

innodb_data_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:1000M:autoextend
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /usr/local/mysql/
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 512M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 20M
innodb_log_file_size = 128M
innodb_log_buffer_size = 8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1
innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 50

[mysqldump]
quick
max_allowed_packet = 16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash

[isamchk]
key_buffer = 256M
sort_buffer_size = 256M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M

[myisamchk]
key_buffer = 256M
sort_buffer_size = 256M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M

[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout

Without the /etc/my.cnf file the MySQL works fine, except in
some moments that it get slow.

Does anyone knows what could be wrong?
Any help would be Appreciated.

Thankīs