heh, sometimes the obvious is right in front of you...

I still can't get the full dataset to load with indexes on the table, but I _can_ apply indexes after the load. the indexes apply cleanly, so it doesn't seem to have been a data issue. in any case, I can continue prototyping.

it remains to be seen whether this will crop back up during incremental update of the already filled (and indexed) table, but I've got a good bit of coding to do before I'll have an answer to that question...

- mark

mark warren bracher wrote:
In the last few days I've been doing some prototyping on mysql 4.1.1 (mainly because I want fulltext indexes against utf-8 data).

I have a table, artists_search_A, in which I want to load ~100K records. My load process will routinely load 14783 records successfully. After 14783 inserts, any insert attempt results in a 1062 error, duplicate entry; specifically,

Duplicate entry 'en-us' for key 2 error 1062 recorded
[snip]