According to documentation there is a "query log" wich logs established
connections and executed queries, also there is the "binary log" wich
stores all statements that changes something (Used for replication)....

So... if i do something like

update myTable set field1=AES_ENCRYPT('information', 'key')

Any one who looks into the log file will be able to see the query, the
information and the key, and all my information would be compromised... am
i wrong?

Regards
FBR

Frederic Wenzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
22/02/2004 05:21 a.m.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc

Subject
Re: Encryption Issue

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I would like to encrypt informaton in MySQL DB using the "AES_ENCRYPT"
> function, but what if someone looks into the log files?

What ever may be logged by the mysql daemon - I can't believe it loggs
passwords or the stored data itself. So why do you think so?

bye
Fred