At 11:35 AM 2/24/2004, Mike Johnson wrote:
It sounds like query caching is working against you.

There are a variety of ways to get around it. While it'll be a PITA, you may want to have you script call `RESET QUERY CACHE` at the begining, and then include `SQL_NO_CACHE` in your SELECT statement(s).

I had thought that setting this in /etc/my.cnf (and restarting mysql) would disable the query cache:

set-variable = query_cache_type=0

I'll try the RESET as well, to make sure.

Actually, I just noticed that even after I restart mysql, the speed stays. That doesn't make any sense, maybe there is some other unknown factor influencing this.