Hello List:

First my apology: I have previously asked this question and saved the
response. But we lost our Win NT server and all the saved data, so I ask the
same question again. I have looked in archives for the last three months and
have not been able to find my previous Q/A. I will be setting up MySQL
server, as soon as I know how.

I plan to install MySQL on a RH 9 Server named "data". This server has one
main disk (which is a boot disk with all the O/S ) and two RAID-1 HDD
mirroring one another. My plan is to install MySQL on the main HDD but
install/create all the SQL data, tables, Indexes, etc., on the RAID HDD.
RAID HDD will have only SQL data.

I have no problem installing MySQL on the main HDD but can not figure out
what changes are needed so all the data goes to RAID disks. I am a newbie so
please, give direction!!

Kirti